Moving guide step by step
Whether you like it or not, moving is difficult. There are so many things to keep in mind and to handle. It seems like you have to be a superman to take care of your family, keep up with the work and carry out the move at the same time. However, with our step by step moving guide, you will be able to organize a trouble- and hassle-free relocation. While everybody’s moving experience is different, a lot of moving tasks are the same. Let’s get started.
Planning. Most moving guides say that this is the most important part of any move that should not be underestimated and it is absolutely true. The entire moving process depends on this step. Create a detailed plan of every moving stage and stick to it in order to have a smooth relocation. Proper planning in advance will save you from all the possible difficulties connected with moving your entire household. Here is the following planning moving guide checklist:
- Transfer your utility information and fill out the change of your address form as soon as you decide to move. It’s wise to take care of this as far in advance as possible because some utility companies won’t be able to switch you fast;
- Find packing supplies including boxes, tapes, wrapping paper, padding etc.;
- Take measurements. Make sure that your old furniture fits well in your new home. This will give you time to figure out what to do. Whether to sell, donate or give it away;
- Find a reliable mover. This is one of the most important steps so you need to take it seriously. Any moving guide will tell you that hiring a trustworthy mover is an obvious choice if you want a trouble-free relocation. Moving experts have all the resources to carry out the move in the best possible way. What may be almost impossible for you is a piece of cake for a professional moving company;
- Packing. The next important thing is packing. Every guide to moving out of state or locally will emphasize the importance of proper packing materials and techniques. This is especially important if you need to pack fragile or antique items requiring special care. In this case, hiring competent movers and packers is the best choice. Movers will make sure your valuable items reach the destination safely. Make sure to take the inventory of your things and label them.
- Moving in.Guide to moving out of home is a great option to keep in mind but what about moving in? This is a separate subject deserving attention. However, if you had the time to organize the move properly then unpacking shouldn’t be an issue. Move guides recommend to start assembling furniture shortly after moving in so you could have something to sleep on unless you’ve chosen a full-service move then you have nothing to worry about. Next what you need to do is to clean and dust all the furniture after the relocation before you put it to use. It’s understandable that you probably won’t be able to move all the stuff around in one day. It’s a good idea to fill your closets temporarily to clear some space and keep clutter out of the way.
And there it is. If you’ve never moved your household before then this short yet comprehensive guide to moving will definitely be helpful.
Moving Companies Prices